Sunday, April 4, 2010

Days 0, 1 and 2

Thursday, I took a day off from Jiu Jitsu, crossfit, and spent most of the day focused on consuming food. All in all not a bad day, then I was, yet again, overcome with a disturbing lack of structure in my life. It may have been the combination of spring break and my nagging sense of ennui, but I started thinking that the next couple months would be best spent putting myself through an inordinate amount of pain in the form of the crossfit.com WOD. I have already been working out fairly hard for about a year, but I think it is time to take it higher. I started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu early last year, and crossfit in December, but with 40 knocking on the door, and Army officer basic coming up in September, my particular brand of midlife crisis kicked in. No Corvette and 20 year old girlfriend for me though, I would simply like to be able to, if needed, chase down and tear a younger man's head off with my bare hands. Perhaps not the noblest goal, I'll be the first to admit, but much less complicated than the other option. Either way, I decided to hit it hard, three on one off, until I leave Denver.

Day one:

Tabata Something Else:
In order: Pull ups, push ups, sit ups, squats. 8 rounds of 30 seconds each, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds of rest (8 of each exercise, total 32 rounds). Rest one minute between exercises. The score is the worst set of each added up.
Score: 36 (4,7,15,10). Clearly, sit ups are not an issue for me, but everything else is.

Day two:

Run 1600 meters, rest 3 minutes, run 1200 meters, rest 2 minutes, run 800 meters, rest one minute, run 400 meters.

Time: 28:02. This averages out to 8:45 miles.

I have enjoyed having my ass kicked more than I enjoyed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment