Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 3, or "My time in the joint"

I worked out in the Jefferson County Jail today, and aside from the two deputies, I would not have known the difference.

I did, however, see Matt trade clothing with an inanimate object. It was the jail gym version of wanting the shirt of the mannequin, but without the shirt actually fitting.

The workout:

10/1 25 Pound dumbbell clean and jerks/Pull ups, 9/2, 8/3, 7/3.........1/10
he pull ups were supposed to be weighted, but I pulled off two 25 lb pull ups before realizing that body weight was more than adequate. It took about 23 minutes, and did not suck anything close to yesterday's workout. Perhaps the next couple of months will be ok, after all.

I accompanied Mary and Petra to the D-Town gym, and realized that I am not equipped to jump rope with boxers on, nor am I very coordinated.

2 comments:

  1. I missed the t-shirt story... you'll have to fill me in! -- Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time Garrett joined me in the CrossFit box, he had on his super heavy and fuzzy sweat pants. The invitation to join in on the WOD was surprise to him. So, in lieu of heat exhaustion, Garrett opted to strip down to his boxers for the WOD. He has been better prepared since that time.

    ReplyDelete