Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 15: Blog frequency examined

How often should one update his blog?

Blog dog says: "I like your blog, but I wish you would keep it updated, though."

Matt says: "I should read your blog some day."

Lovetoknow.com (http://socialnetworking.lovetoknow.com/Blog_Etiquette), the web's leader in this sort of thing, or, at least it was the only source I could find within two minutes that said anything about blogging frequency, says the following:

"Regularly update your blog: Want readers to come back for more? Then make sure you update it on a regular basis, roughly two or three times a week."

Unfortunately, it also says this:

"Never blog about blogging: Keep your topics to interesting items such as music, current events, lifestyles, religion, food, technology or something else that will appeal to readers."

So in my search for the truth, I have "committed one of the two great blunders: First, never get involved in a land war in Asia..." (If you cannot identify this quote's source, it is time to revisit the 80s) but second, I blogged about blogging. Shit.

Today:
Row 500 M four times, with 3 minutes rest between.

1:57, 1:59, 1:56.6, and 156.5. The other gentlemen, Matt "shoulders" Horgan and Scott "What the hell happened to me" Narreau, both rowed faster.

We have no rowers at D-Town, so our morning began with a quest: find rowers to use, preferably for cheap or free. Also, I wanted to see a commercial crossfit box. Keep in mind that D-Town, lacking rowers or not, is one hell of a gym. It is a gritty place where it is possible to truly discover pain, but I was curious about how a shiny operation functions.

First, Crossfit Flex said we could do a drop in for $10. Very cool of them, but we, for reasons I will bring up later, did not take them up on it. I talked to Kevin, and he was very cool, and had absolutely no reservations about helping us out.

As for Front Range Crossfit, I will simply say "What the fuck, Skip?"
I called them, got the owner, Skip, on the phone, and explained that Matt and I are garage crossfitters who "NO" don't have rowers "NO" and were interested in a drop in rates "NO" but we also wanted check out his facility "NO" because I had never "NO" seen "NO" a real "NO, NO" Crossfit "NO" gym before. He said no. Not only no, but "we only let members of our gym work out here."

Jesus, Skip, what about out of towners? What about people curious about Crossfit? What about just not being a complete and utter, but cordial jerk? That sucks, Skip, and if given the opportunity to direct somebody towards a Crossfit gym, yours, Front Range Crossfit, is not it.

Scott found a place with 6 rowers. A secret place, a special place, where the gym is filled with beautiful equipment, but oddly devoid of people. It felt like being one of only three men at a beach in Rio; it was lovely, at least until the rowing started.

The concept two rower is a torture device, and that is all I will say about it. If I had any energy to turn my head to the side while lying on the ground afterward, I would have vomited. I didn't, though, and therefore spared myself some cleanup. I want one.

1 comment:

  1. Now I feel up to date with your adventures.

    I didn't know about the adventures in calling area Crossfit gyms... I learn something new every time. Who would have thought that was possible?

    ReplyDelete